- What is fractional aircraft ownership?
- How Much Does Fractional Jet Ownership Cost?
- What is the Best Fractional Jet Ownership Program?
- How Much Does NetJets Cost for 25 Hours?
- What are Flexjet’s Jet Fractional Ownership Costs?
- What are the benefits of fractional aircraft ownership?
- Is Fractional Jet Ownership Worth It?
Are you looking to experience the luxury and convenience of private air travel, but don’t want to bear the entire cost of owning an aircraft? Fractional ownership of a private aircraft is a cost-effective solution that allows multiple owners to share the expenses and responsibilities of aircraft ownership. In this blog, we’ll explore the costs involved in buying a fraction of a private aircraft and what you can expect from the ownership experience.
What is fractional aircraft ownership?
Fractional aircraft ownership is a form of shared ownership where multiple individuals purchase a fraction of an aircraft. Each owner has exclusive use of the aircraft for a specified number of flight hours per year, with the remaining time made available for other owners to use. This arrangement provides access to private air travel at a lower cost than full ownership and eliminates the hassle of selling the aircraft when the owner no longer needs it.
How Much Does Fractional Jet Ownership Cost?
Private jet fractional ownership costs depend on several factors, including the type of aircraft, the size of the fraction being purchased, and the terms of the ownership arrangement. On average, a one-sixteenth fraction of a mid-size private jet can cost anywhere from $100,000 to $400,000, while a one-eighth fraction can cost upwards of $800,000.
It’s important to keep in mind that these costs represent only a portion of the total costs associated with aircraft ownership. Other fractional ownership jet costs include maintenance, fuel, crew expenses, and hangar fees. Fractional ownership arrangements typically include these additional costs in a monthly fee, making budgeting for aircraft ownership easier.
What is the Best Fractional Jet Ownership Program?
Determining the “best” fractional jet ownership program depends on a variety of factors such as the type of aircraft, the frequency of use, budget, and personal preferences. These will all determine the experience you have, as well as influencing the fractional private jet ownership cost. Some of the most popular fractional jet ownership programs include:
- NetJets: NetJets is the largest and most established fractional jet ownership program, offering a wide range of aircraft types and customized ownership options.
- Flexjet: Flexjet offers a variety of fractional ownership programs, including light, mid-size, and large cabin aircraft, as well as a leasing program for those who need more flexible arrangements.
- Plane Sense: a private jet ownership and management company that offers fractional ownership, jet card, and on-demand charter programs.
- Nicholas Air: NicholasAir offers jet card membership and fractional ownership programs, as well as on-demand charter services, with access to a modern fleet of aircraft.
- AirShare: AirShare is a private aviation company that provides fractional ownership and on-demand charter services for customers throughout the United States.
Ultimately, the best fractional jet ownership program for you will depend on your specific needs, the aircraft type, your budget, and travel patterns. It’s recommended to carefully consider your priorities and to compare the different programs and aircraft offerings to find the best fit for you.
How Much Does NetJets Cost for 25 Hours?
The cost of a 25-hour program with NetJets, the largest private aviation company offering fractional ownership, can vary depending on the type of aircraft and the terms of the ownership agreement. On average, the cost of a 25-hour program with NetJets can range from $150,000 to $500,000 or more.
It’s important to note that this cost represents only a portion of the total cost of aircraft ownership, which also includes additional fees for maintenance, fuel, crew expenses, and other costs. NetJets offers a variety of aircraft ownership programs and it’s recommended to contact them directly for an accurate quote based on your specific needs and budget.
What are Flexjet’s Jet Fractional Ownership Costs?
The cost of Flexjet fractional ownership varies depending on several factors, including the type of aircraft, the duration of the ownership program, and the terms of the agreement. Flexjet offers fractional ownership programs for light, mid-size, and large cabin aircraft, and the cost of a program can range from a few hundred thousand dollars to several million dollars or more.
In addition to the upfront cost of the fractional ownership program, there are also ongoing expenses, such as maintenance, fuel, crew expenses, and other costs, which can add to the total cost of ownership. Flexjet offers several different fractional ownership programs and it’s recommended to contact them directly for an accurate quote based on your specific needs and budget.
What are the benefits of fractional aircraft ownership?
Fractional aircraft ownership offers several benefits compared to full ownership, including:
- Cost savings: Sharing the expenses of aircraft ownership with other owners reduces the financial burden of full ownership.
- Increased flexibility: Fractional ownership provides access to private air travel for a specified number of hours each year, giving owners more flexibility to travel when and where they want.
- Reduced responsibilities: Fractional ownership eliminates the need for owners to manage the day-to-day responsibilities of aircraft ownership, such as maintenance, flight scheduling, and crew management.
Access to a variety of aircraft: Fractional ownership programs often provide access to a fleet of aircraft, allowing owners to choose the best aircraft for their specific travel needs: light jets, midsize jets, and large jets.
Is Fractional Jet Ownership Worth It?
Whether fractional jet ownership is worth it depends on a variety of factors, such as the frequency and type of travel, budget, and personal preferences.
For those who fly privately frequently by private jet, fractional jet ownership can provide several benefits, such as greater flexibility and control over travel arrangements, access to a wider range of aircraft types, and a more cost-effective alternative to full aircraft ownership.
Additionally, fractional jet ownership can provide significant time-saving benefits, as it eliminates the need to go through the hassle of commercial air travel.
However, fractional jet ownership also has some drawbacks, such as the upfront cost, which can be substantial, and the ongoing expenses, which can add up over time. Additionally, fractional jet ownership may not be a good fit for those who only travel occasionally or those who prefer the convenience and comfort of commercial air travel.
Book a private jet!