An ancient city thriving in the shadow of Mt. Etna
Private Jet Charter to Catania
Catania is Sicily’s second largest city, and it’s the perfect place for a holiday. The core of Catania is full of gritty bars, sweeping piazzas, and a dizzying black-and-white palazzi tower. The city is full of wonderful street markets, beautiful fountains, fabulous fare, and an energetic nightlife. And towering above all of this liveliness looms Mt. Etna – the largest active volcano in Europe. Read more about private jet charter flights in Catania
Plan Your Trip to Catania
Use our Private Flight Cost Calculator to get and instant quote on private jet charter flights to Catania
Catania jet charter informationCatania and Mt. Etna go hand in hand. The ever-present sleeping giant has shaped both the existence and the history of Catania. More than once, volcanic eruptions have destroyed the city. The most devastating of all occurred in the 17th Century. Covered in lava, Catania was a mere shell of its former self.However, Catania rose from the ashes and began to rebuild itself in Baroque style using lava as its main building material. This aspect is incredibly unique, and Catania is well known for this distinguishing trait.
Things to Do in CataniaCatania is rich in cultural history, and because of this, there are many things to do and see here. Some of the most notable include:
- Piazza Duomo – This Baroque-style square boasts some of the best architecture in the country. The Palazzo dei Chierici, Palazzo degli Elefanti, and the Duomo di Catania are all worth spending some time visiting.
- San Giovanni li Cuti – Regarded as the most renowned beach in Catania, this beach features black rocks and ashes from past eruptions. It’s also not uncommon to see the short dotted with several wooden boats manned by local fishermen.
- Castello Ursino – Thanks to its moat, this castle survived the devastating eruption that blanketed the town in lava and ash. This castle has lived to house the Aragonese dynasty, and later, inmates. Now, it houses the Civic Museum of Catania.
- Roman Theatre – Dating back to the 2nd Century AD, this theatre has been partially excavated. Made with lava, stone, brick, and marble, the oval-shaped theatre gives visitors a look into a past life. The remaining parts of this amphitheatre still remain under Piazza Stesicoro and other nearby streets.
- Subterranean Catania – if you’re a history buff with a passion for exploring, you definitely need to visit some of the buried sections of old Catania. After the 1693 eruption that buried old Catania, it was discovered that some churches still retain their access to the lower level of the city.
How to Book Charter Flights to CataniaWhether you're flying alone or with a large group, Stratos Jets can match you with the best available aircraft that meets your personal and professional needs from top-quality international operators. We’ll work hard to make sure your private jet charters to Catania meets your schedule.With as little as four hours notice you can be on your way while experiencing the elegant and convenient services Stratos Jets has to offer; such as gourmet in-flight dining, hotel reservations, and ground transportation bookings. Book your next private jet charters to Catania with Stratos Jets and experience the difference we can make.
Find airports near any location worldwide
Catania Jet Charter Airports
Flying to or from the ancient city of Catania has never been easier when you charter a private jet to Catania with Stratos Jets. With three airports located within just 50 miles of the city, we can ensure you land as close to your final destination as possible. Choose from the Catania Fontanarossa Airport, Sigonella Airport, or the Reggio Calabria Airport, and enjoy your visit to Sicily’s second-largest city.
Events near Catania
Maxi Yacht Rolex Cup
It’s only fitting that one of the world’s premier sailing regattas is held at one of the world’s most exclusive resorts. The 29thedition of the Maxi Yacht Rolex Cup & Rolex Maxi 72 Worlds will be getting underway this September, which means luxury travellers from around the globe will be arriving on private jet charters to Porto Cervo, Italy.
ATP World Tour Masters 1000
Nine tournaments. Three continents. One winner. It’s men’s tennis at its finest, and Stratos Jet Charters will make sure you don’t miss a set by chartering private jets to ATP World Tour Masters 1000 events.