Located near the Canadian border and the Glacier National Park lies Shelby, Montana. Once a cattle town, Shelby’s now home to the oil and agriculture industries. Though this quaint little town has been referred to as lonely, sleepy, and in the middle of nowhere, Shelby is actually a bustling place to explore.
Shelby got its name from Peter P. Shelby, a general manager of the Montana Central Railroad. It’s located on the transcontinental east-west main line of the Great Northern Santa Fe Railroad that connects Minneapolis to Seattle.
Golfers appreciate this mighty little Montana town for its 18-hole championship golf course. The Marias Valley Golf & Country Club sits right on the Marias River and provides avid golfers with some of the best, most challenging links in the state. Once you’ve finished your round, take some time to enjoy some fabulous fare and refreshing beverages at the on-site restaurant. You won’t regret it!
Some of the other most notable sites to see include:
- Champions Park, named after the 1923 World Championship Dempsey-Gibbons boxing match
- Carousel Rest Area, with a beautiful carousel, perfect for your younger traveling companions
- The Alibi Lounge, a family-friendly sports bar
- The Roadrunner Trail, which provides a perfect place to admire the Rocky Mountains and Sweetgrass Hills
- The Roxy Theater, where you can enjoy weekend matinees and feature films
When you book a private jet with Stratos to the jet charter airport in Shelby, Montana, you can rest assured that your trip will be seamless, so you can spend more time seeing the Shelby sites and less time waiting around.