4 Tips for Chartering a Private Jet Rental
Flying on a private jet rental is a becoming an increasingly popular choice for discerning air travelers that demand the utmost in comfort, convenience and safety. Private aviation consumers save time and stress, while enjoying greater flexibility in planning charter flights that work around their schedules. Whether you fly for business or leisure, domestically or internationally, there are ways to streamline the planning process and tailor your overall travel experience to suit your specific needs. Here are some tips to keep in mind the next time you want to take to the skies aboard a private jet.
1. Work with a Reputable Charter Broker
While it is possible for an aviation consumer to arrange his or her own private jet rental, it is a fairly complex and tedious process, especially for the first-timer. Without a proper understanding of the regulations that govern the charter industry, it would be difficult to coordinate a jet rental. By choosing an established charter broker, not only do you gain access to their expertise in FAA regulations, you’ll also benefit from their extensive contacts with charter operators. This helps ensure you receive the best possible price, and that every detail of your charter flight is planned thoroughly for a hassle-free experience.
2. Choose the Most Suitable AircraftThe type of aircraft you rent will depend on several factors, the most important of which are:
- Distance you intend to travel
- Number of passengers you’re travelling with
- Amount of baggage you want to bring
If you’re heading off for a quick weekend getaway with a few friends, you might only need a light jet. Or, if you’re heading to Aspen for a winter holiday, you might want something with enough cargo space for your skis and snowboards. For international journeys, you’d likely need a private jet rental with the range to cross an ocean. Super-midsize and heavy jets are the obvious choices for these missions.
3. Book EarlyWhile it is possible to book a private jet rental with just several hours’ notice, you’ll be better off arranging your travel plans well in advance. This will ensure you can select from the broadest range of aircraft available. It can also save a considerable amount of money, as aircraft repositioning is often required to accommodate last-minute charter flights. Additionally, demand for private jet rentals can be extremely high during peak travel periods. Booking at least several weeks in advance ensures you secure the type of aircraft that best suits your needs.
4. Utilize Smaller Airports
If you’re used to flying commercial, you’re probably familiar with the major airport hubs that service larger centers. Once you start to fly privately, you’ll quickly realize there is a far greater range of airport options to choose from. In particular, smaller airports are better equipped to handle private jet traffic and offer many other desirable advantages for travelers:
- Less congested
- Minimal security screening
- Closer to your departure/arrival location
- More airport options for smaller, remote areas
- Lower fees
For example, a passenger flying out of Dallas on a commercial airline would like use Dallas/Forth Worth International Airport (DFW). Someone arranging a private jet rental, on the other hand, would have the choice of other airports, including:
- Dallas Love Field (DAL)
- Dallas Executive (RBD)
- Meacham International (FTW)
For more on this, read: Top Private Jet Airports in the United States. For a simple, stress-free private jet rental experience, talk to one of our agents at Stratos Jet Charters. We have more than a decade of expertise in arranging charter flights for our clients.