Why Hire a Private Jet for Flying While Pregnant
Though thousands of women fly while pregnant each year, it can be a source of stress for moms and their partners. But in many ways, if you hire a private jet to travel while pregnant, your trip will be much easier than traveling on a commercial airliner. With some preparation and information, mothers-to-be can enjoy a comfortable, safe flight.
Here are three key considerations if you hire a private jet to travel while pregnant.
Business and Vacation Travel
Traveling by private jet charter is the ideal way to fly while pregnant. Unlike commercial airlines, Stratos Jet Charters are flexible. Depending on the aircraft type and destination, pregnant travelers can choose a convenient departure time from a smaller nearby airport.
That means less time spent driving to airports and standing in line-ups. When you hire a private jet, the check-in and security processes are very quick compared to commercial flights. With any Stratos Jet Charter flight, your privacy and comfort are paramount. If you feel you may need additional assistance, talk to our expert Private Flight Advisors.
When you charter a private plane with us, we can help you with ground transportation, wheelchairs, special meals, or anything else you need to ensure you have a perfect flight.
Health and Safety
Medical opinions differ on the ideal travel time for pregnant travelers. Most commercial airlines allow pregnant women to fly up to 36 weeks of gestation. Recently, the American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists (ACOG) published a useful article on health considerations for pregnant travelers. Here are the essentials:
- Check with your doctor before you book a flight. Though the Internet has great suggestions for pregnant travelers, it cannot replace professional consultation.
- Due to the potential risk of turbulence, pregnant travelers should use their seatbelts continuously while seated.
- Minimize venous thrombosis in your legs by wearing support stockings, and moving around from time to time to help your circulation.
- Stay hydrated. A pressurized cabin can affect your thirst. Keep a water bottle handy.
Traveling while pregnant requires some planning, but what if you are traveling with the rest of the family? We have some tips to ensure family travel goes smoothly. You can find the complete blog article “Traveling With Children” here, but these are the highlights:
- Toddlers age two and under sometimes travel as “lap passengers.” If you are pregnant, you would probably ask your partner to supply their lap for your toddler. And, if you feel everyone would be more comfortable in their own seat, that can easily be arranged at time of booking.
- Ask your agent about extra cargo needs. Depending on the aircraft type, Stratos can usually accommodate the extra cargo items such as strollers, baby bags, and other items you may need for your family.
- Bring your pets. When you hire a private jet with Stratos, we try to accommodate your whole family, including your pets. There are a number of safety regulations to follow when bringing animals. You’ll find more details in this blog article, “Private Jet Charter with Pets.”
We pride ourselves on providing stress-free travel for all our clients. When you need a private jet rental company that can arrange luxury charter flights anywhere in the world, call Stratos Jets—888-593-9066.