Tips for Short Notice Flights and the Holiday Season
We made it to the 2020 Holiday Travel season!
In so many ways, we have had to adjust how we travel. The good news is, despite the changes, the desire to travel is stronger than ever. Though commercial airlines are struggling to accommodate holiday travelers, chartering a short-notice flight with Stratos is both possible and sensible. Here are some tips to help you prepare for this holiday travel season.
1. Book soon – Demand for short-notice flights surged in spring as companies and families scrambled to get to safety. Some air charter firms have seen a second surge as travelers snap up holiday bookings while they can. We suggest you do your due-diligence research, but don’t wait too long to book a flight.
2. Know the Hygiene rules – We know the drill: wear a mask, wash our hands, and minimize contact. But it’s always valuable to check the regulations, especially since they may change as the situation warrants. The best source is the Center for Disease Control travel page. The CDC site contains weekly updates for each US state (and territory), tips for safe travel, and links to local health bulletins for any travel destination.
Consider the Charter Advantages
It’s so valuable to connect with family and friends, but it is also valuable to protect everyone’s health. We cannot help you with that tough choice but can offer some insights into short-notice flights.
Here is what the CDC website says about air travel during the pandemic:
“Air travel requires spending time in security lines and airport terminals, which can bring you in close contact with other people and frequently touched surfaces. Most viruses and other germs do not spread easily on flights because of how air circulates and is filtered on airplanes. However, social distancing is difficult on crowded flights, and sitting within 6 feet of others, sometimes for hours, may increase your risk of getting COVID-19.”
The Stratos Jet Charter advantage is that you will be inherently safer because you only travel with those in your bubble. Here are some other advantages of our short-notice flights:
- Many charter flights can use smaller regional airports or Fixed Base Operator terminals, reducing your contact with other travelers. Security and baggage line-ups are minimal.
- Usually, charters flights are booked point-to-point, meaning no stopovers or switching aircraft, again avoiding contamination.
- Aircraft in our network have high-grade HEPA air filters. The cabin air can be completely filtered and refreshed every 90 seconds.
- Private charter aircraft are sumptuously comfortable. The holidays can be stressful; you owe it to yourself and your group to enjoy a well-earned respite while traveling.
Arrange Reliable Ground Transport
While taxis and ride-sharing are convenient, they are also potential germ hazards. We suggest talking to our expert Trip Support Team. They can arrange limo service, accommodation or anything else you may need for a perfect trip. Our Trip Support is especially helpful if you are traveling with children or mobility-impaired persons this holiday.
With some planning, you can still have a safe holiday trip this season.
Enjoy the remarkable safety and amazing customized comfort of a private jet air charter. Call Stratos Jets—888-593-9066.