A retail quote can refer to a few things. It can be described as a private flights cost, the cost of purchasing a brand new aircraft, or any other service requested relating to aircrafts.
This term can be broken down as follows:
Retail – referring to the commercial or private sale of a product to a consumer.
Quote – the estimated price given to a consumer for:
- The purchase of an aircraft
- A service provided by an aircraft
- The sale of services provided to a consumer with an aircraft
Purchasing an Aircraft
Retail quotes may be adjusted once a service or product has been agreed upon. Although many providers try to avoid this, it can happen. Price adjustments can be due to a number of factors. Some of these factors include:
- The fluctuating cost of fuel
- A change in interest rate or dollar
- Additional features
- Fluctuating costs relating to building materials
Generally, retail quotes will provide the consumer with a complete list of fees. This is done to keep the consumer informed about what is required for payment.
Purchasing a Service
When asking for a retail quote from a charter company to determine a private flights cost, it’s important to know that there may be some additional costs involved. While the company may strive to ensure the quote is as accurate as possible, there are a few factors that can change the quote given. These factors can include:
- Cost of fuel fluctuations
- Additional services requested
- Changes to a schedule or itinerary