Nestled among the gorgeous scenery that Colorado is known for lies a sweet little town. La Veta is home to rolling fields tucked safely beside the Sangre de Cristo mountain range. This little region is also home to some of the most unique geological features in the country, including the Scenic Highway of Legends, the most scenic byway in Colorado.
La Veta means to vein in Spanish because it served as a lifeline to other communities in the area. As a busy trading center, La Veta provided the neighboring areas with vital supplies to help keep them thriving.
Some of the best places to explore include:
- The Fort Francisco Museum, which includes nine buildings from the original adobe fort in 1862
- The Spanish Peaks Arts Council, where masterpieces can be viewed and admired
- La Veta Inn, located in the heart of town
- Alys’ Restaurant, home to gourmet fare
- Number gifts shops and boutiques
- Uptop Ghost Town, where history lives on
When you book a private jet to the the jet charter airport in La Veta, we can arrange ground transportation for you so you see how the Scenic Highway of Legends got its moniker, explore haunted ghost towns and explore this piece of Colorado on your own schedule. Trip Support can also make overnight accommodations and restaurant reservations on your behalf. All you have to do is tell us when you plan to be there, and we’ll take care of the rest.