Private Jet Safety Information
STRATOS JET CHARTERS COMMITMENT TO YOUR SAFETY:
Stratos Jet Charters is dedicated to ensuring the safe travel of our clients. We only work with aircraft and operators that are in compliance with FAA regulations known as FAR part 135 and FAR Part 121. The FAR Part 135 and Part 121 certifications were created to provide a standard for which aircraft safety; operating, maintenance, regulations and licensing are measured.
In addition to the minimum standards set forth by FAR Part 135 and Part 121, Stratos Jet Charters has established supplementary criteria for all charter flights. We have incorporated these requirements into our safety due-diligence program, which carefully screens all aircraft operators to ensure that every flight flown for our clients is on the safest, most well maintained aircraft under the command of two highly-trained pilots.
YOUR SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY:
Stratos Jet Charters takes pride in our ability to provide additional safety information specific to each flight. In fact, Stratos Jets is one of the few air charter agencies in the industry that provides a third-party safety audit on Part 135 jet charters. (This excludes turboprop flights).
Wyvern and Aviation Research Group (ARG/US) are the leading third-party, independent safety auditors that specialize in conducting on-site aircraft operator inspections, and ensuring operators’ compliance with aircraft maintenance and crew experience requirements.
ARG/US has developed the TripCHEQ program which provides important information related to your specific flight. TripCHEQ compiles information on aircraft operators and evaluates them on a flight-to-flight basis. Dependent upon information provided by the aircraft operator, ARG/US will offer a rating of “red,” “yellow” or “green”. For charter flights booked through Stratos Jets on behalf of our clients, the only acceptable rating is GREEN; which denotes the highest standards in safety.
To obtain the green rating, operators must be ARG/US Gold, Gold+, or Platinum rated. Additionally, their pilots must be typed, certified and properly experienced, and their aircraft cannot have a major accident or maintenance history.
The TripCHEQ provides assurance to many important questions including:
- Is the airplane you’ve chartered equipped with the latest safety avionics, like collision avoidance?
- Do the pilots of my flight have a clear record of accidents, incidents, and enforcement actions?
- Are the pilots of my flight adequately experienced in this airplane?
- Are the pilots properly certificated and type rated?
- Does the charter company selected for my flight have a good safety record?
- Has the airplane ever been damaged?
The Wyvern Pilot and Aircraft Safety Survey (PASS) report is similar to the ARG/US TripCHEQ. The Wyvern PASS report is an independent safety audit that determines if an aircraft operator meets Stratos Jets’ strict pilot experience and aircraft maintenance standards.
The PASS report requires aircraft operators to provide safety information about their operation including safety records, pilot certifications and experience levels, aircraft photos and insurance verification.
The Wyvern PASS report program answers essential safety questions such as:
- Does the aircraft operator have proper certification and insurance including a FAA Airframe and Power plant Certification?
- Is the aircraft you’ve chartered listed on the operator’s insurance and does it meet with Stratos Jets specified safety standards?
- Are the pilots fully certificated, properly type-rated and have current medical and training record?
- Do both pilots meet the flight hour requirements?
Both the Wyvern PASS report and ARG/US TripCHEQ assure our clients that all of our in-house safety requirements have been met and that their flight has met the highest safety standards in the industry.